Best Ham Sandwiches
These Ham Sandwiches are great served hot or at room temperature.
- 2 (12 count) packages sweet Hawaiian rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds Virginia ham (NOT honey ham)
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 stick real butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each of two 9 x 13-inch pans.
- Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls.
- Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich.
- Put the dinner roll tops on.
- In a saucepan, mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder
and poppy seeds.
- When all butter is melted, brush the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.