Boston Brown Bread
This is delicious Boston Brown Bread recipe. I’ve been making it for years. It’s
- 2 cups sifted whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (3-pound)
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cornmeal.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour batter into greased and floured coffee can.
- Pour 2 cups water into slow cooker and set can inside.
- Place aluminum foil over cooker and fold down around edge.
- Cover and bake on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove and let cool 1 hour before unmolding.
- Slice and serve with your favorite fruited cream cheese spread or plain
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.