A favorite of ours at holiday time! These bourbon balls will keep for a long
time, and they only get better with age.
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1/2 cups ground nuts
- 1 cup confectioners'
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons dark Karo syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup bourbon (rum, brandy or sherry may be used)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Mix syrup and bourbon together and add slowly to dry ingredients.
- Form into 3/4- to 1-inch balls.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.