Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
I received this recipe from a friend when I lived in the Bay Area (San
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub the potatoes. Cook covered in boiling salted water to cover in a large
saucepan about 35 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; cool slightly, then peel.
- Mash potatoes in large bowl.
- Add butter, bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and apple pie spice;
beat until fluffy-smooth.
- Spoon into a buttered 6-cup baking dish. Sprinkle nuts around edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
From the kitchen of Lula Hayden, California
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.