- 12 large leaves cabbage
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes,
just until pliable; drain.
- In large bowl, combine rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt and
- Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage
leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker, seam side
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon
juice and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.