Cheddar Bay Bread
If you love Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, you will love this Cheddar Bay Bread!
We like to sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the top of the loaf about five minutes before the end of baking time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil the inside of a round Pyrex casserole dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture. This will help prevent cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over-stir. Your masterpiece will turn out like a giant hockey puck.
- Pour and spread the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.