Cheddar Bay Bread
If you love Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits, you will love this Cheddar Bay Bread!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil the inside of a round Pyrex casserole dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture. This will
help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over-stir. Your masterpiece will turn out
like a giant hockey puck.
- Pour and spread the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.
* We like to sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the top of the loaf about five
minutes before the end of baking time.