This cacciatore is so delicious that your taste buds will be impressed!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- In a large shallow pan, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. Coat
the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cook the chicken for
about 8 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the green pepper strips; cover and
simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper strips and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes more,
or until the chicken is fork-tender, no pink remains, and the liquid has thickened.
- Serve with the sauce from the pan.
Serves 3 | Cook time 40 min