- 16 ounces frozen bread dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups favorite chili
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- Garlic powder and grated Cheddar cheese
- Thaw the bread dough until it is pliable. Cut the dough crosswise into 4
pieces. With lightly floured hands, shape each dough piece into a ball. Place
balls 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Brush balls with melted
butter. Let bowls rise in a warm place until tripled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and allow to cool on rack.
- To make chili bowls, slice off tops of loaves and hollow by pinching bread
out with fingers. Brush cut side of tops with melted butter and sprinkle with
garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Toast bowls and tops by placing in the oven or under the broiler.
- Fill with hot chili and top with grated cheese and onions.
Yield: 4 servings
For smaller bowls, cut dough into 6 pieces.