This was one of our Mother's favorite side dishes.
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
small green bell pepper, diced
- Boil carrots until just tender; drain.
- Mix remaining except carrots, onion and bell pepper.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper and onions.
- Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight if possible.
A favorite recipe of my Mother, Margaret Marie Roth-Glende, Chandler, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.