This was one of our Mother's favorite side dishes.
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- Boil carrots until just tender; drain.
- Mix remaining except carrots, onion and bell pepper.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper and onions.
- Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight if possible.
A favorite recipe of my Mother, Margaret Roth-Glende, Chandler, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.