Instead of buying deli chicken at the grocery store, try this one. It's far
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove the giblets from chicken and set aside for another use.
- Wash chicken inside and out, drying with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with a little olive oil.
- Tuck wing tips under.
- Mix all the spices together well. Rub all over chicken.
- Place on plate and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Put in refrigerator for a least four hours and up to 24 hours.
- Put chicken into a small Nesco roaster and cook at about 325 degrees F.
- Chicken is done at 160 degrees F (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) and no longer
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes