Instead of buying deli chicken at the grocery store, try this one. It's far
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove the giblets from chicken and set aside for another use.
- Wash chicken inside and out, drying with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with a little olive oil.
- Tuck wing tips under.
- Mix all the spices together well. Rub all over chicken.
- Place on plate and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Put in refrigerator for a least four hours and up to 24 hours.
- Put chicken into a small Nesco roaster and cook at about 325 degrees F.
- Chicken is done at 160 degrees F (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours) and no longer
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.