Linda's Yummy Fudge Frosting
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup nuts
- Mix shortening, sugar, whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift and stir in sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Spread in a 13 x
- Beat until foamy 1 egg white. Beat in 1 cup brown sugar. Fold in nuts. Pour
over the bottom layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares while warm.
From the kitchen of Anita Katherine Louise Roth, Muscatine, Iowa.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.