- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup nuts
- Mix shortening, sugar, whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift and stir in sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Spread in a 13 x
- Beat until foamy 1 egg white. Beat in 1 cup brown sugar. Fold in nuts. Pour
over the bottom layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares while warm.
From the kitchen of Anita Katherine Louise Roth, Muscatine, Iowa.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes