Dilly Casserole Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle dry yeast over warm (110 degrees F) water.
- Heat cottage cheese to lukewarm in saucepan; add sugar, onion, butter, dill,
salt, baking soda, egg and yeast mixture. Add flour to form a stiff dough, beating
well after each addition. Cover; let rise in a warm place, 85 degrees F to 90
degrees F, until double, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart round-bottom casserole.
Let rise in a warm place until light, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with kosher or sea salt.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes