Dilly Casserole Bread
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle dry yeast over warm (110 degrees F) water.
- Heat cottage cheese to lukewarm in saucepan; add sugar, onion, butter, dill, salt, baking soda, egg and yeast mixture. Add flour to form a stiff dough, beating well after each addition. Cover; let rise in a warm place, 85 degrees F to 90 degrees F, until double, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart round-bottom casserole. Let rise in a warm place until light, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with kosher or sea salt.