Easter Bunny Cake
I made this cake with my daughter when she was growing up. It's easy and fun!
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box cake mix (flavor desired)
- Flaked coconut
- Food coloring
- Red licorice whips
- Gumdrops or jelly beans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake as directed on the box. Pour batter into two 9-inch round
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes to racks and let cool completely.
- Cut ears and bowtie out of one of the rounds. Cut petal shape from top
to bottom on right side, then the left of the one round cake. These two
cutouts will be the ears, the remaining center piece is the bow tie.
- Arrange the whole cake layer on a long, flat serving platter, adding the
ears on top and the bowtie at the bottom.
- Ice the cake with your favorite frosting. A fluffy 7-Minute Frosting
would be nice.
- Sprinkle plain flaked coconut over the bunny face. Dye a small amount of
coconut pink for inside the ears and the bowtie, if desired. Use red
licorice for whiskers and gumdrops or jelly beans for the eyes and nose.
Recipe from the kitchen of Linda Jolly - Arizona.