Easy Lemon Curd is delicious on freshly baked scones!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Melt butter in microwave, set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together sugar and eggs in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Whisk
in lemon juice and zest. Whisk in the butter.
- Microwave on 50% power for one minute. Stir.
- Continue microwaving at 100% power in one minute intervals, stirring after
each interval until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
(The curd will thicken as it cools.)
- Strain curd through a fine-mesh sieve to remove zest.
- Pour curd into sterile jars and store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly.