Famous Chocolate Wafer Roll
This was Lisa Stephens' Dad's favorite dessert. This recipe comes from
the box of Famous Chocolate Wafers and is just so sweet and impressive.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 Famous chocolate wafers
- Chocolate curls (to garnish)
- Whip the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Spread wafers with remaining cream and arrange in stacks of five.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Lay stacks on edge to make one long roll.
- Spread remaining 1 cup of cream on outside of roll.
- Cover and chill for at least four hours or overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate curls or shavings before serving.
- To serve, cut diagonally.
Total time 35 min | Prep 35 min | Servings 6
To make chocolate curls you can slightly warm a large candy bar of good
quality chocolate in the microwave (only a few seconds should do). Slowly scrape
back of bar with a vegetable peeler and transfer curls using a toothpick, to a large
plate. Refrigerate until firm.