Fideo with Ground Beef and Potatoes
- 1 package fideo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 can El Pato
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cups hot water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Lightly brown fideo. Add ground beef and potato. Stir well and cover for
about 3-5 minutes to brown meat a bit.
- Uncover and add 1 can El Pato and 1 can diced tomatoes. Stir and add
about 2-3 cups of HOT water; stir.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and garlic of each and cover and cook over
medium-low heat for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly, Arizona.