In our house, we consider Fried Cabbage one of the great comfort foods.
- 6 to 8 ounces bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Place the bacon into a large pot over medium heat. Fry until bacon is
- At this point you can drain the grease, leave part of it or leave all of
it as is your preference. I usually just leave a couple tablespoons in the
skillet before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add cabbage, onion, salt, pepper to the pot; cook, stirring constantly,
for about 5 minutes, until cabbage and onion are tender.
Recipe is from the Family Recipes collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.