- 6 to 8 ounces bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Place the bacon into a large pot over medium heat. Fry until bacon is
- At this point you can drain the grease, leave part of it or leave all of
it as is your preference. I usually just leave a couple tablespoons in the
skillet before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add cabbage, onion, salt, pepper to the pot; cook, stirring constantly,
for about 5 minutes, until cabbage and onion are tender.
Recipe is from the Family Recipes collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.