Golden Eagle Pancakes
Two things set these pancakes apart - cornmeal is added to the batter and they are small pancakes, which also makes them a lot easier to flip! By the way, did I tell you they're delicious?
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Pancake syrup
- Combine the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients quickly and gently just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupsful onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles on top begin to pop; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup.
From the family recipe collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.