Golden Gate Potato Casserole
This is a recipe I received from a good friend while working near San
Francisco, California in the late 1970s. It's divine!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter and cheese in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add sour
cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Fold into 8 coarsely−mashed potatoes and put into a greased casserole.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle more grated cheese on top, and return to oven just
until cheese is melted.