Golden Gate Potato Casserole
This is a recipe I received from a good friend while working near San
Francisco, California in the late 1970s. It's divine!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chives
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 coarsely-mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and 2 cups cheese in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add sour
cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Fold into coarsely-mashed potatoes and put into a greased casserole.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top, and return to oven just
until cheese is melted.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes