Gooey Rhubarb Custard Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk in cream
and eggs. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until custard is set. Cool.
- For topping, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth;
fold in whipped cream. Spread over top. Cover and chill.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly - Maricopa, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.