This makes delicious roast beef sandwiches.
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) rump roast
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pickled mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- Place the roast in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, and add the pickled mixed
vegetables, pepperoncini, Italian dressing mix and beef broth. Stir to blend,
cover, and cook on low for 18 hours (yes, 18 hours - a light timer works well
if you don't want to stay up until midnight to turn it on).
- To serve, remove roast from the slow cooker. Shred the beef with your fingers,
using it and the au jus for sandwiches.
- Serve the pickled mixed vegetables alongside the sandwich if desired, or
just include them with the meat.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.