Jell-O Divinity is divine! A plus is that, depending upon the color Jell-O used,
you can tailor it to any holiday season.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped
- 3/4 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jell-O
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Combine sugar, syrup, water and salt in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring continually until it boils. Cook without stirring to a hard boil. Remove
from heat and put into a bowl. Place the bowl in an ice bath and add Jell-O,
mixing well to dissolve completely.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- After the Jell-O mixture has cooled to room temperature in the ice bath, gently
fold in the stiffly-beaten egg whites. Add the marshmallows and nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.