Lemony Lemon Cake
- 1 small box lemon gelatin*
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons and rinds of 2 lemons
* You may substitute lemon instant pudding for the lemon gelatin.
- Cake: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Topping: Mix ingredients well.
- While cake is still warm from oven, punch holes in top with a wooden pick.
- Pour topping over cake.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
From the kitchen of Margaret Roth - Chandler, Arizona.