Linda's Cowboy Cookies
You can't go wrong with these! You can substitute whatever you want for the chocolate
chips, walnuts and/or coconut. There are endless possibilities...peanut butter chips,
raisins, almonds, diced dried fruit, etc.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter; add brown sugar, then granulated sugar. Cream well.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and cream again.
- Add dry ingredients slowly, then chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. Dough
will be stiff.
- Drop cookies about the size of a walnut on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly - Maricopa, Arizona.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.