Linda's Easy Lasagna
This is my favorite lasagna recipe because you do not cook the lasagna noodles first. I have always disliked cooking the lasagna noodles, so this is a great solution for me. This turns out perfect every time.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey or Italian sausage*
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tomato sauce can water
- 2 pounds ricotta or cottage cheese, mixed with 4 eggs
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, UNCOOKED
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
* Remove Italian sausage from casings and crumble as it cooks.
- Brown meat. Drain.
- Add sauces and water.
- Spoon a small amount of sauce onto the bottom of a lasagna pan or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of UNCOOKED noodles (overlapping slightly), one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and one-third of the shredded cheese.
- Pour about one-third of the sauce over the top.
- Repeat twice more. Cover with more cheese.
- Bake, covered and sealed with foil (DO NOT LET THE FOIL TOUCH THE CHEESE), at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown the top.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
I usually make this with Italian sausage, but I have also used sliced cooked meatballs. It's yummy whatever you decide to use! Of the two spaghetti sauce options, if you have time, go with the homemade sauce!
You can also bake for 1 hour without the cheese on top, then put the cheese on top and bake 15 minutes longer uncovered.