Linda's Favorite Turkey Dressing
- 1 large loaf thin bread, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Pepperidge Farm Seasoned
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 4 onions, chopped
- 5 stalks celery,
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons
- Cook sausage and onion together until done. Crumble sausage. Do not drain.
- Cook celery until tender in 4 cups salted water. DO NOT DRAIN WATER!
- Crumble toast. Mix in Pepperidge Farm Dressing. Pour sausage-onion mixture
with drippings over the toast. Add seasonings. Add celery and hot celery water
to moisten toast mixture. You may add more hot water according to how moist
you like the dressing. Stir well.
- Put into a large casserole. Refrigerate. It is best if made a day ahead.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until slightly browned and bubbly.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.