Linda's Mexican Rice
When making Mexican rice, the rice is always browned before adding the
remaining ingredients. The browning is what gives the rice its "nutty" flavor.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 level teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a medium size skillet. Add rice and
sauté until the rice is browned, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, Ro*Tel, garlic, chili powder and salt and pepper. Cover
and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
This recipe can easily be halved, but use the full can of Ro*Tel.
If desired, add chopped green bell pepper when you add the chicken broth and
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.