Linda's Mexican Rice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 4 cups chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 level teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a medium size skillet. Add rice and
sauté until the rice is browned, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, Ro*Tel, garlic, chili powder and salt and pepper. Cover
and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
This recipe can easily be halved, but use the full can of Ro*Tel.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.