Linda's Pepper Steak
I've been making this delicious pepper steak for about 50 years.
Cook: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound round or flank steak
- Kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, diced large
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut the steak into thin slices (this is easier to do if the meat is semi-frozen).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat the oil.
- Add the steak and onion and cook until meat is browned on all sides.
- Add the green peppers and bouillon water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch, soy sauce and water and stir into meat mixture. Cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened.
- Serve with hot fluffy rice or noodles.
Recipe is the property of Linda Jolly.