Linda's Picadillo (Mexican-Style Ground Beef)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles or 2 fresh poblano peppers, chopped
- Spices: 1 or 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, tomato Knorr, etc.
- 1 can tomato sauce or Ro*Tel
- 1 bag frozen corn (optional)
- 1 bag frozen green beans (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Saute onions and garlic; and add ground beef and cook until done.
- Add potatoes, bell pepper, water, beef buillon, green chiles or
poblano peppers, spices of choice and tomato sauce or Ro*Tel. Simmer
over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- If using, add corn and green beans 10 to 15 minutes before serving.