Linda's Pork Chop Casserole
This is another casserole that I've been making for years.
- 8 large pork chops
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can
cream of mushroom soup, stirred well, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 green bell
pepper, sliced (optional)
- Brown pork chops.
- Deglaze the pan with water, resulting in about 1/2 to 1 cup drippings.
- Place alternating layers of pork chops, potatoes and onions in a 9 x 13-inch
baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- After first layer of pork chops, potatoes and onions is in place, pour half
the soup over the top. Layer again. Season.
- Lay the bell pepper slices evenly over the top, if desired.
- Pour the remaining soup over, then pour pan drippings evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F.
Alternate method: Layer the same way in a slow cooker Cook on LOW for 6 to 8
hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours.
Recipe is the property of Linda Ann Jolly - Arizona.