Linda's Prime Rib
When I serve this, it is always served with
Yorkshire Pudding. This is SO tasty. The leftovers make wonderful roast beef sandwiches also.
- Garlic powder
- Seasoning salt
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- Lemon pepper
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- Prime rib roast
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub seasonings into the prime rib. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if desired. For medium rare, cook 5 minutes per pound.
For medium, cook 7 minutes per pound.
- Turn oven off and do not open oven door for whatever time remains of 2 hours
(total cooking time).
- Serve with Yorkshire Pudding, if desired.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.