Linda's Taco Soup
Make this slow cooker recipe yours! This recipe is very forgiving. You can add or subtract
ingredients as you wish....hominy, green veggies, etc. You can even substitute fajita
mix for the ranch dressing mix, but DO NOT leave out the mild taco seasoning.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced green onion (tops and bottoms)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can regular or Mexi-corn
- 1 can pinto beans (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Ro*tel Diced tomatoes and Green chilies
- 1 envelope mild taco seasoning
- 1 envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1 to 2 cups beef broth, depending upon thickness desired
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded, or 1 pound ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained
- shredded cheese
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- Place all ingredients into a large slow cooker. Cut the cream cheese into cubes
or just tear pieces off and throw in, don't put it in whole! Cover and cook
on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Stir well, and serve with a shredded cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.