Lisa's Mocha Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Chocolate curls for garnish (optional)
- Whip cream until it holds peaks. Add 1/3 cup sugar, almonds and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and instant coffee together until stiff.
Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until satiny in texture.
- Fold whipped cream into beaten egg whites and pour into a serving dish or
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate curls just before serving, if desired.
From the kitchen of Lisa Stephens.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.