Lox, Bagel and Cream Cheese
Lox, Bagel and Cream Cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods. I had this wonderful
sandwich for the first time at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco many years ago.
This is best enjoyed with a cup of piping hot black coffee.
- 1 bagel, split and toasted or untoasted
- About 1/3 cup cream cheese, divided
- Several thinly-sliced pieces lox
- 1 slice onion
- 1 slice tomato (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- A few capers, if desired
- Sprigs of fresh dill, if desired
- Hot black coffee (optional)
- Slather one-half of the bagel with cream cheese, more or less to your liking.
Add the lox to the top of the cream cheese.
- Top with onion, then tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with capers and fresh dill, if desired.
- Now slather the remaining bagel half with the remaining cream cheese. Set
on top of the first half.
Recipe is the property of Linda Ann Jolly.