Mexican Wedding Cookies
These Mexican Wedding Cookies (Russian Tea Cakes) also make an appearance during
the holiday season at our house.
- 3/4 cup ground nutmeats *
- 1 cup butter (1/2 Crisco®)
- 1/2 cup confectioners'
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* I use walnuts.
- Mix and form into balls the size of walnuts.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While hot, roll in confectioners' sugar.
- When cool, the balls may be rolled again in confectioners' sugar, if desired.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.