Nutty Coconut Caramels
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons flaked coconut,
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil (do not use wax paper) and
grease the foil with butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, 3/4 cup coconut, baking
chips and peanuts. Microwave on high, uncovered, for 1 minute; stir. Cook, uncovered,
for 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir to combine.
- Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 4 tablespoons coconut.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-inch squares.
Yield: about 3/4 pound.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly - Maricopa, Arizona