Keep a large jar of this tequila working on your kitchen counter. It makes terrific
margaritas. After the mixture has been topped with fresh tequila two or three times,
you can finely dice the softened pineapple, warm it in butter with extra brown sugar
to taste, and serve it as an ice cream topping.
- 2 large just-ripe pineapple, trimmed, peeled, cored, cut
into 2-inch chunks
- 2 (1-liter) bottles gold tequila
- 2 cones (5 ounces total)
piloncillo or 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 whole
- In a large, decorative jar, combine the pineapple chunks and tequila.
- Add the sugar and vanilla beans.
- Cover and let the tequila stand at room temperature, stirring it occasionally,
for at least 1 week.
Variation: Use rum instead of tequila.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.