Pumpkin Pie Cake
Pumpkin Pie Cake is a delicious alternative to pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
- 1 (15 or 16 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans, or mixture)
- 1 cup melted margarine or butter
- Mix pumpkin, Carnation milk, sugar, eggs, and spice together. Pour into
a greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of the pumpkin
mixture, then sprinkle nuts on top of cake mix, then pour melted butter
evenly over the whole thing.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- Refrigerate after it cools.
- Serve in squares with whipped cream on top.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 50 min
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.