This is the recipe that prompted me to buy an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Lyles Golden Syrup or white Karo syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- In a small heavy saucepan heat Sugar, Lyles Golden Syrup or white Karo
syrup and water over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool
- Place berries in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
Transfer purée to a bowl, stir in syrup mixture and lemon juice. Chill
mixture until very cold.
- Place mixture into an ice-cream maker and run for about 20 minutes or
until desired consistency.
- Serve gelato immediately or transfer to an airtight container and put in
freezer to harden no more than 3 hours.
Makes approximately 1 quart.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.