Raspberry Nut Pinwheels
Raspberry lovers will like these delicious cookies. They're wonderful on
cookie trays also.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small jar raspberry jam
- Sift flour, baking powder onto wax paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy, stir in vanilla extract and add
flour. Roll dough between 2 pieces of wax paper into 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
Remove top piece of wax paper, spread raspberry jam evenly over top and sprinkle
nuts over all. Firmly roll up dough, jellyroll style, removing wax paper as
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut 1/4-inch slices and bake 8 to 10 minutes until light golden.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.