Raspberry Rum Brownies
If you’re a raspberry lover, these are for you.
- 1 supreme dark chocolate brownie mix with chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup dark crème de cacao
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon raspberry extract
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, thawed raspberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- Brownie: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm the jar of raspberry preserves in pan of warm water.
- Stir brownie mix, pouch of Hershey’s Syrup, crème de cacao, oil and eggs
in medium bowl, using spoon, at least 50 strokes then add chocolate chips and
mix 10 more strokes until well blended.(Mixture may be lumpy.)
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with foil. Spray the foil. Spread 1/2 of batter
in pan, cover with foil, and freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove mixture from freezer, and uncover.
- Stir cherry extract and rum extract into raspberry preserves. Spread this
warm preserve mixture evenly on frozen mixture in pan. Spread remaining the
unfrozen batter evenly over raspberry preserves. Cover pan with foil, and thaw
at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes (double the freezing time.)
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- When done, cool for at least 30 minutes, then remove foil and brownies from
pan and freeze for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove brownies from freezer, and peel foil from brownies. When thawed,
- Frosting: Beat together confectioners’ sugar, raspberries, cream cheese
and butter until blended and smooth. Spread frosting over brownies.
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly, Arizona.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Family Favorites Recipes