A grand fruit cookie — some like it better than fruit cake. It is best to use
just one-quarter or one-half the recipe, or it will fill the house!
- 1 cup whiskey
- 2 pounds candied pineapple
- 1 pound candied green cherries
- 1 pound candied red cherries
- 1 pound butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 10 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 quarts pecans
- Soak pineapple and cherries in whiskey for about 24 hours. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour to measure. Sift flour, salt, allspice, cloves and cinnamon together.
Add fruit with whiskey and fold in pecans. Drop by teaspoonsful onto a greased
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
From the kitchen of Kathryn M. - Augusta, Georgia
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.