The cooked garlic-butter combination may be poured over French bread and served
with shrimp as a side dish.
- 4 pounds headless jumbo shrimp
- 1 lemon, divided
- 2 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- Thoroughly wash shrimp. Peel and place side by side in glass baking dish,
making sure shrimp are not on top of each other.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp.
- Slice remaining 1/2 lemon into 6 finely sliced pieces and place in baking
- Melt butter.
- Finely chop garlic and place in butter.
- Add salt and chopped parsley to butter and garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle pepper over shrimp, then pour butter and garlic mixture over this.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cooked pasta if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe is from the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.