These are my grandson, Brenden's, favorite cookies. They are also the first
cookies he ever helped me make when he was just a little guy!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cookies: Cream shortening, sugar and eggs together.
- Sift dry ingredients into first mixture. Roll dough into walnut-size balls.
- Cinnamon-Sugar: Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar.
Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. I usually bake mine for the least amount of time.
This ensures that they will be soft!
From the kitchen of Linda Jolly - Arizona.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.