Sopa de Conchitas
This is such a great soup. Usually you will have everything on hand to make
it. Cut up leftover meat, such as chicken, beef or pork may be added to this.
Ground beef may also be added. Many add potatoes, mixed vegetables or whatever
else they like. This can also be made with elephant ear pasta, fideo, alphabet
or whatever other shaped pasta you like.
- 1 bag conchas (seashell shape pasta)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can El Pato or tomato sauce (I always use El Pato)
- Water to cover pasta
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Knorr Caldo de Pollo (chicken bouillon)
- Cumin, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a large skillet. brown pasta and onion in oil until the onion becomes
- Add El Pato or tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil,
cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add however much shredded jack cheese is desired, and serve, garnishing
each serving with a couple sprigs of cilantro.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.