Souper Meat 'n' Potatoes Pie
This is a family favorite vintage recipe.
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheese
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley and
- Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes; spoon off fat.
- Frost with mashed potatoes; top with remaining soup and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until done.
- Garnish with cooked sliced bacon if desired. (I crumble the bacon and sprinkle
it over the top.)
Yield: one 9-inch pie