Souper Meat 'n' Potatoes Pie
Souper Meat 'n' Potatoes Pie is a family favorite vintage recipe from Campbell's.
Yield: one 9-inch pie
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheese*
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled**
* We love cheese, so I normally cover the entire top of the pie with a hefty amount of cheese, more like 1 cup.
** This is my addition to the recipe. It adds a little extra flavor.
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley and seasonings.
- Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes; spoon off fat.
- Frost with mashed potatoes; top with remaining soup and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes more or until done.
- Garnish with cooked and crumbled bacon if desired.