Spaghetti with Browned Butter
I used to love to go to the Spaghetti Factory for this. It's so delicious!
Mizithra is a great Greek cheese.
- 1 cup butter
- Cooked spaghetti, drained
- 1 cup Mizithra cheese, grated
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cut butter into tablespoon-size pieces and place in a 2-quart sauce pan.
Place the pan of butter on a burner on medium heat. Bring butter to a slow boil
(about 5 minutes).
- Once the butter begins to boil, stir constantly to prevent residue from
sticking to the bottom of the pan. As the butter cooks, it will start to foam
and rise. Continue stirring, otherwise the butter foam could overflow (about
5 minutes) and catch fire.
- Once the butter stops foaming and rising, cook until amber in color (about
1 to 2 minutes). It will have a pleasant caramel aroma.
- Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Let the sediment settle to
the bottom of the pan for a few minutes.
- Pour the brown butter through a strainer into a small bowl. Do not disturb
the residue at the bottom of the pan.
- The brown butter can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a microwave
- Boil the pasta of choice until al dente.
- Drain pasta and divide into four servings.
- Spread 1/4 cup of Mizithra over each pasta serving.
- Top with 1/4 cup of hot brown butter.
Recipe is the property of Linda Ann Jolly - Arizona.