Kids will love this homemade version of a favorite canned pasta.
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces ditalini or pasta of choice, uncooked
- In a large pot mix together the sauce, water and milk. Bring to a boil.
- When it reaches a bowl, stir in the cheese and turn it down to a simmer.
Continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Pour in the uncooked pasta. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
during the first 5-6 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom
of the pan.
- Check the pasta after 20 minutes, if it's not as soft as you would like,
cook it a little longer. Sauce will thicken even more over time.