This cake is wonderful! It is also extremely pretty. I've been making it
After you have removed the cake from the pan, and it has cooled, you can glaze
it with a white or colored glaze, if desired. At Christmas-time, I usually use a
Christmas green glaze. Sometimes I let that glaze set, then add a Christmas Red
glaze so that it drips down in the spots that have not been covered with the green
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Red food coloring
- 1/2 cup drained and quartered maraschino cherries
- 2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and dry pudding well; divide
into 3 bowls.
- Into the first bowl put green food coloring and nuts. Gently mix into the
- Into the second bowl put red food coloring and maraschino cherries. Gently
mix into the batter.
- Into the third bowl put chocolate and almond extract. Gently mix into the
- Layer the three different colors into a well-greased Bundt pan: green, red,
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes.
- Glaze, if desired, when the cake has cooled.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Jolly and Lisa Stephens.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.