Stabilized Whipped Cream Icing
This is the type of icing used on bakery-style cakes.
- 2 teaspoons Knox Gelatine
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cold water in small bowl and sprinkle gelatine over it. Let sit for
- While it's sitting, place heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla
extract in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or in a mixing
bowl if using an electric beater.
- When gelatine is set, place bowl in microwave and heat until gelatin turns
to liquid, about 10 seconds.
- Turn mixer on to start beating cream. Let it run for about 1 minute and
then with the mixer on high, very slowly pour in the melted gelatine in a small
- Continue beating cream until you reach medium-stiff peaks.
- Spread or pipe whipped cream as desired.
This does not alter the taste of the whipped cream in any way. It may be used
in place of Cool Whip in desserts.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.